DEFINATION = It is highly communicable contagion is bacterial disease of horses may be found in acute or chronic condition and it is characterized by septicemia and high fever ,nodes ,or ulcers in tha respiratory track thick mucopurulent discharge from the nostrils and oedematous swelling of maxillary lymph nodes. Animal GLANDERS is zoonotic disease due to this animal is treated with precaution and senitatization is done before and after treatment.
Animal GLANDERS ETIOLOGY= malleomyces mallei ; Gram – negative;rod shape ,non spore forming ,non motile very sensitive to light and chemicals .
1) by inhalation
2) by cuts (abrasions) this bacteria enters into body .
3) by contaminated feed and water
4) by contact with lab animals
5) saliva ,tears,urine,and feaces of animal
Animal GLANDERS SYMPTOMS=two forms are seen in animal .
1)ACUTE FORM = high fever,coughing ,nasal discharge ulcer or nodules in repiratory tract of animal
2)CHRONIC FORM = in chronic tere are 3 three form are prensent .
1) pulmunary form = epistaxis and chronic cough in animal