ANIMAL OVER EATING DISEASE
DEFINATION =per acute bacterial disease mainly found in sheep but may also be seen in goats ,calves ,foals or young animals , characterized by sudden onset,diarrhoea, toxaemia, entritis, death .This disease is less seen in the animal which are of 2 years or more in age .
ANIMAL OVER EATING DISEASE ETIOLOGY =
Clostridium perfringens -TYPE=A,B,C,D,E,F. Gram positive ,rod shaped and these bacteria are natural habitat of intestine and they produce toxins and these toxins cause different types of symptoms.
ANIMAL OVER EATING DISEASE SYMPTOMS =
1) CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS TYPE -A(HAEMOLYSIS ) = Release toxins due to which following symptoms are seen =
c) Jaundice in animal
d) Anaemia in animal
e) High temperature 107°F
f) Death in 12 hours of animal
2) CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS TYPE -B (DYSENTERY )=
a) Diarrhoea and dysentry in lambs
b) Blood in faeces of animal.
c) colour of faeces – dark brown of animal
d) Bellowing of the animals
e) Unable to suck milk
f) Sudden onset
g) Death within few hours of animal
3) CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS TYPE -C (STRUCK) =
a) It si mainly found in sheep of age 1-2 years
b) Pain in abdominal due to peritonitis
c) Animal runs aimlessly
d) Nervous symptoms like – convulsions ,opisthotones.
e) Diarrhoea of animal .
f) Spasm of muscles lead to high temperature
4) CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENES TYPE – D ( PULPY KIDNEY DISEASE) =
a) This diease mainly seen in well fed animals b) Excitement
d) Grinding of teeth
e) Circular movement
f) Pressing head against wall
H) Green coloured diarrhoea
I) Increase in temperature and death .
1) By typical symptoms of different types
2) By sending intestinal fluid to the lab
3) By sending one foot part of intestine of animal to the lab.
very difficult to treat the animal because of the sudden onset of disease.
1) Hyper immune serum – for C. perfringens type C.
2) Sulpha drugs 200 mg per kilogram ,It is given through intra venus or sub cut route.
3) Tetracycline 5 to 10 mg per kilogram body weight of animal . It is given through intra muscular route
1) Hyper immune serum in suspect aninal 20 ml by sub cut route .
2) E.T.V( Enterotoxaemia vaccine ) before the onset of rainy season and stress and its immunity last long for one year .
3) Multicomponent clostridial vaccine is given to animal .
4) Auriomycin in the feed in rainy season .