BEST TREAMTMENT OF CANINE DISTEMPER DEFINATION = Acute contagious viral disease of dogs which is characterized by inflammation of respiratory track , high temperature ,vesicles on skin and digestive track and also nervous symptoms are also seen.
ETIOLOGY = It is caused by canine distemper virus and mainly seen in the pups of age upto 6 month thus all tge unvaccined pups aged upto 1 year will suffer from the disease.
1) Direct contact
2) Contaminated feed and water.
3) By nasal discharge
4) By inhalation
(virus of canine distemper)
SYMPTOMS= There are four form of symptoms are seen in canine distemper.
1) PNEUMONIC FORM = all the pneumonic symptoms are seen such that:-
a) painfull, harsh or dry coughing
c) grernish nasal discharge.
e) respiratory troubles and high temperature.
2) GASTROINTESTINAL FORM =
e) brownish mucos membrance of digestive track
f) pain in abdomen and high temperature
a) pustules and vesicles and high teperature is found in animal
b) papules formation on the belly of dog
c) scab formation .
4) NERVOUS FORM =
b) epilectic convulsion
c) tremors of muscles
d) restless ness
e) urination and defection will be difficult
f) tapping sound while walking
1) Corneal opacity
2) paralysis of hind limbs
3) Decreased smelling power
1) By history of age of animal.
2) By four types of symptoms.
FIRST AID =
1) Broad spectrum antibiotics :-
a) injection Dicrystic two fifty mlili gram is give to animal through intra muscular route .
b) Injection Synthocillin two fifty miligram is give to animal through intra muscular route
c) injection Ampicillin two fifty mili gram is give to animal through intra muscular route
2) By fluid therapy = one or two bottle is give to animal through intra venous
3) Washing of eyes of animal is necessary with boric acind eye drops.
4) Washing of mouth with candy’s lotion of animal
5) normal first aid is use is to prevent gastrointestinal troubles.
6) nervine tonic is give to animal such that like = Neurobion , Neuroxin , Elneuron , optineuron .
7) Soft and nutrious diet is give to animal for easily digestibility
BEST TREAMTMENT OF CANINE DISTEMPER CONTROLS =
1) Animal is keep in hygenic conditions.
2) segregation of animal from other animals is must to stop the spread of disease.
3) Vaccination of animal is must to build up immunity of animal for this disease.