CAUSES AND TREATMENT OF FOWL TYPHOID
DEFINATION OF FOWL TYPHOID = It is acute septicaemic bacterial disease of chicks . It is characterized by greenish yellow colour diarrhoea and high mortality and symptoms are white diarrhoea and adults become carrier of this disease .Clinical signs in chicks and poults include anorexia and diarrhoea and dehydration and weakness of chicks.
ETIOLOGY AND CAUSES = This disease is caused by salmonella gallinarum and gram negative and non – motile coco-bacillus bacteria .
TRANSMISSION = This disease is mainly transmit by four factors =
1) It is transmit by vertical transmission :- In this bacteria transmit through ovary .
2) By mechanical transmission :- In this bacteria transmit by direct contact of birds with each other which result massive death of birds .
3) By hatchery transmission = In it bacteria transmit through unhyginic conditions of hatcher where eggs are kept inside for hatching.
4) By contamination of feed and water = In it mainly bacteria transmit through mixing of spoil feed or old feed with daily ration feed and it is also transmit from contamination of feed with feaces of birds and other toxic substance.
1) Temperature of chick is mainly high .
2) chick is suffering from dysponea.
3) Due to this disease lose of appitide is seen in infected chicks.
4) Green yellowish diarrhoea is main symptom of this disease.
5) Due to diarrhoea dehydration in chicks is occur . which cause weekness and unconciusness in chicks.
6) Chick is suffer from anemia.
7) chicks suffer from drawsiness.
8) In this disease mortality rate of chicks is 30% to 50%.
9) Post mortem exam =
a) Swallon and febrile liver is found in this disease .
b) Size of kidneys become large .
DIAGNOSIS OF FOWL TYPHOID =
1 ) By history of management of chicks .
2) By symptoms of chick .
3) By blood test of chicks.
4) Diagnose from culture exam .
5) By serum agglutination test of chicks.
1) Furazolidone powder – 1 gram per liter of water for 7 days.
2) Neftin powder – 50 to 100 gram per quintal feed.
3) Injection teroamycin one ml through intra mascular route is give to per bird.
4) Hostacyclin powder 5 gram per liter for 5 to 7 days through oral route is give to birds.
PREVENTION AND CONTROLS =
1) Segregation and elimination of effected birds.
2) Do agglutination test and destroy positive cases of chicks.
3) Do disinfection of instruments.