CAUSES AND TREATMENT OF PULLORUM [ BACILLARY WHITE DIARRHOEA]
DEFINITION = Bacillary white diarrhoea disease is infectious poultry disease cause by the bacteria salmonella pullorum. The disease affects mainly young chicks and poults, but can also affect older chickens and game birds and guinea fowl and ostriches and parrots and peafowl and ring doves and sparrows and turkeys. it is characterized by heavy mortality and white colour diarrhoea . mainly adults are the carrier of this disease.This disease is very fetal disease and infect birds feel soo much pain .
ETIOLOGY = This disease is cause by Salmonella pullorum and gram negative bacteria ,non motile and coco – baccilus bacteria .
TRANSMISSION = This bacteria mainly transmitted by four types :-
1) It is transmit by vertical transmission :- In this bacteria transmit through ovary .
2) By mechanical transmission :- In this bacteria transmit by direct contact of birds with each other which result in massive death of birds .
3) By hatchery transmission = In it bacteria transmit through unhygienic conditions of hatcher where eggs are kept inside for hatching.
4) By contamination of feed and water = In it mainly bacteria transmit through mixing of spoil feed or old feed with daily ration feed and it is also transmit from contamination of feed with feces of birds and other toxic substance.
1) Infected bird is suffer from white diarrhoea and colour of feces of birds become white .
2) Pasty vent is see in this disease .
3) Feathers of birds become sticky .
4) Infected bird become dead within 3 to 5 days of this disease.
5) In this disease mortality rate of birds is 30% to 50% .
7) In post – mortem exam :-
a) A unabsorbable yolk is present in post – mortem .
b) Necrosis of liver is see in post- mortem of bird.
c) Spleen muscles of infect bird.
d) A cheesy material is see in caeca.
DIAGNOSIS OF PULLORUM ( BACILLARY WHITE DIARRHOEA) =
1) By symptoms of infect birds which are mention above.
2) By post – mortem examination of dead bird.
3) By isolation of bacteria from blood.
4) By blood agglutination test of birds
TREATMENT OF PULLORUM [ BACILLARY WHITE DIARRHOEA] =
1) Furazolidone – 0.05% in water.
2) Neftin powder – 50 to 100 gram per quintal of feed .