CAUSES AND TREATMENT OF RANIKHET DISEASE ( NEW CASTLE DISEASE)
DEFINATION = It is also known in Western area as New castle disease is a contagious and highly fatal daisease of flows. it is acute and contagious viral disease of birds which characterized by high fever and dysponea and sneezing and rales and paralysis of neck and leg. In this disease high mortality rate is present .
ETIOLOGY AND CAUSES OF RANIKHET DISEASE IN BIRDS = It is caused by a virus named ‘paramyxovirus’. this virus is highly pathogenic and it spread from direct physical contact of birds with each other The virus is present in manure and spread through air or other carrier .
1 ) It is transmit through direct contact of birds
2) By contamination of feed and water .
3) It is also spread by carrier bird .
4) By nasal discharge of bird.
5) By faeces and by eggs of birds.
1) RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS IN BIRDS :-
a) Dysponea in birds
c) rales ( ratteling sound produce from lungs is known as rales ) in birds .
d) A long gapsy inhalation is take by the bird from open beak .
2) Paralytic form of symptom = In this symptom paralysis of neck and leg is present in bird.
3) This disease have high mortility of upto 100% . Means if a bird is infect with this disease there is no treatment to save bird’s life .
4) Due to this disease we come to see greenish diarrhoea in birds .
1) we can diagnose this disease from symptoms mention above .
2) By doing post mortem exam of infected birds = In the caecum of bird a cheasy material is present which indicates this disease.
3) We also found congestion in trachea , lungs and in air sacs of bird in post mortem exam.
4) Haemorrage at the junchtion of proventriculus and gizzard in bird.
TREATMENT = There is no treatment of this disease .We only give vaccines of this disease to prevent it .
PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF RANIKHET DISEASE ( NEW CASTLE DISEASE ) =
1) RDF1 ( Lasota) strain is give to birds at
DOSE RATE – 1 ampoule = 100 DOSES
only one drop is give through intra – occular route in day old chicks . Its immunity is expires after 8 weeks.
2) RDF2 OR R2B ( Freeze dried R.D vaccine )
DOSE RATE = 1 ampoule = 200 doses is made form one ampoule .
1/ 2 ml of dose is give to per bird through the sub- cut route at the age of 6-8 weeks under wings . Its immunity is life long age .