CAUSES AND TREATMENT OF SPIROCHAETOSIS
DEFINATION : It is a bacterial disease of hen The bacterium is poorly resistant outside host but may be carried by Argas persicus for 430 days. This disease is characterized by chronic fever and legweakness and any other physical symptoms.
ETIOLOGY : It is cause by bacterium Spirochacts which name Borrelia anserina bacteria.
TRANSMISSION : This disease is not transmit by air or by contact or birds or animals with each other but there are two main factors of spreading of this disease rapidly .
1) By ticks ( Argas persicus ) or fowl ticks.
2) By faeces of animals and birds.
1) Infected birds or animals is suffer from high fever which cause dull ness of animal and sunken of eyes of animals and birds . In fever animal feels massive losse of energy due to which animal or birds become inactive or lazy.
2) Birds or animal mainly suffer from paralysis of leg which result in disability to move for bird or animal .
3) Animal or birds suffer from yellowish geen diarrhoea which result loss of water in birds and animals .
4) Infected birds or animals suffer from convulsions and emaciation anaemia.
5) Post – mortem study of infected bird or animal :-
a) Mark splenomegaly is see in this disease
b) A Spleen mottle with ecchymotic haemorrhages is spot in body of animal or birds.
c) Liver enlarge with small haemorrhages is see in dead body of animal or birds.
d) Necrotic foci is notice .
e) Mucoid enteritis is seen in infect dead body of animal or bird.
1) By symptoms of animal or birds which indicates this disease .
2) By blood examination of birds and animals.
3) By presence of ticks around poultry farm we can assume that or take an idea of spreading this disease in poultry farm at early stage of infection .
TREATMENT OR FIRST AID :
1) Penicillin 50000 IU is give to birds through intra – mascular route of administration .
2) Hostocycline powder 5 gram per one liter of water for 7 days.
PREVENTION AND CONTROLS OF THIS DISEASE :
1) By disinfection of infected area .
2) By control of ticks around the farm .
3) By giving vaccination – spirochaetes vaccine
Dose rate – 1 ml through sub – cut route of administration. the immunity of this vaccine is one year.