CONTROL AND SYMPTOMS OF MAREK’S DIESEASES
DEFINATION = (A.L.C) or marek’s diseases is also called (AVIAN LEUCOSIS COMPLEX ) Marek’s disease is a highly contagious viral neoplastic disease in chickens. It is name after József Marek, a Hungarian veterinarian. He discover marek’s disease . It is cause by an alphaherpesvirus known as ‘Marek’s disease virus’ or Gallid alphaherpesvirus 2 . and it also cause by Avian leucosis complex virus.
ETIOLOGY OR CAUSES OF DISEASE = It is cause by Avian leucosis complex virus. it is very deadly virus and this virus have potential to transmit from one chicken or bird to other chicken or bird.
TRANSMISSION OF AVIAN LEUCOSIS COMPLEX VIRUS IN BIRDS =
1) It is mainly transmit by contact of birds with each other .
2) By feed and water which is give to birds .
3) By eggs of birds and faeces or waste material of birds .
SYMPTOMS OF AVIAN LEUCOSIS COMPLEX =
There are five types of symptoms are seen in this disease =
1) PARALYTIC FORMS ( MAREK’S DISEASE) = In this disease the chicken is suffer from paralysis of legs and neck . this disease is mainly seen in chickens at the age of three to six month .
2) OCCULAR FORM SYMPTOMS = In it grey eyes of chicken is notice and cheasy discharge is come from the eyes of chicken .due to discharge from eyes birds cannot see anything or vision quality of infect bird is decrease. it is very painfull for the bird who suffer from this disease .
3) VISCERAL FORM ( LYMPHOID LEUCOSIS TUMOUR FORM ) = In this symptom tomours is form in the internal organ of bird .
4) OSTEOPETROTIC FORM ( THICK LEG DISEASE ) = in this symptom long bones of bird becomes thick . and kidney becomes hard.
5) LEUCAEMIC FORM = Ratio of W.B.C ( ehite blood cells) and R.B.C ( red blood cells) becomes 1 : 2 while normal ratio is 1 : 100 . The colour of blood beecomes yellowish .
This disease is diagnose by five type of symptoms which are mention above.