Genral consideration and method of anesthesia :- in this we come to know about the at what conditions we give anesthesia to humam or animal .
History – The duration and nature of illness determines the duration and type of anesthesia
-The patient with renal and heart failure require close monitoring during anesthesia .
2. Recent feeding – It increses the risk of vomiting after induction of anesthesia and recovery
period and thus increases the risk of trachea aspiration fasting of animal is recomended for 24 -48 hours in large animal and 6-12 hour in small animals.
3.Relative size – Anestgetic dose should be on the basis of mg/kg body wt.
4.Physical condition – Fatty animals and animals in poor condition also require reduced dose
More fat -Low BMR (less doses /kg body wt. than the muscular animal )e.g. grey hounds.
5. Species – Each species differ considerablyin physiological or pharmacological responses to
6. Sex – BMR ( Basal metabolic rate ) of male ( 7% ) > female .
# In female BMR rise during pregnancy ( due to metabolic activity of foetus )
#Anesthesia should generally avoided during pregnancy because of teratogenic and Abortificient
7. Activity and Biological Rythms – Aggressive animal are at greater anesthetic risk because of
lack of evaluation and stress of restrained.
# Active animal (BMR ^ )more dose of anesthetic is required.
8.Age – At the time of puberty ( BMR is maximum )so require more dose of anesthesia
#Fluid therapy should be done because they have sognificant renal impairment.
TYPES OF ANESTHESIA
# Classified according to method of administration
1. Inhalation – Anesthetic gases or vapours are inhale
2. Intavascular – Anesthetic solutionis administrated by intravenous ,intaarterial,intracardiac or
intramedullary (bonemarrow)injection .
3. other injectable route – Administrate by – a- Intrathoracis
b- Intra peritoneal
c- Intra muscular
4.Oral or Rectal – by enema ( in rectal )
5. Local and Condution anesthetia
a. Anesthetia is apply topically
b. Inject locally into or around the surgerical sites.