HEAMORRHAGIC SEPTICEMIA (PASTEURELLOSIS)
DEFINATION = It is acute infectious disease of Cows , buffalo and swine which is characterized by sudden onset , swelling on throat region ,pneumonia ,difficty in respiration and death .
ETIOLOGY = It is caused bu gram negative bacteria called Pasteurella multocida which is non motile ,non spore forming rod shaped ,bipolar
NOTE = These bacteria mainly affect the body of animal in stress ( in rainy season or in transportation)
MODE OF TRANSMISSION =
1) contaminated food and water
2) through inhalation
there are four types of symptoms are seen
a) SEPTICAEMIC FORM = when bacteria in blood then called septicemic condition.
:- temperature is 107 degree faranite .
:- increase pulse rate and respiration rate
:- increased salivation and dullness
:- decrease ruminal movement and anorexia
:- death within 24 hours of this stage.
b) OEDEMATOUS FORM =
:- hot and painful swelling under the neck or dewlap. this spelling exerts pressure on trachea which leads to dysphonea .
:- Rapid breathing and a loud sound in the inspiration haemorrhage in internal organ and conjunctiva .
:- death within 1 to 2 days if colour of conjunctiva become red then death within 48 hours
C) PNEUMONIA FORM=
:- painful coughing and nasal discharge
:- inflammation of upper respiratory tract
:- body temperature become high
:- nostril dilate and difficulty in breathing
:- animal is unable to move .
:- death may occur within 72 hours
d) INTESTINAL FORM =
:- diarrhoea or dysentery.
:- animal may suffer from constipation
NOTE :- mortality in haemorrhagic septicaemia is 50 to 100 percent.
1) why Stri of transportation stress and season mainly rainy.
2) symptoms like high high temperature oedema ,dysphoea,sweeling of throat region .
3) by blood exam :- if in blood pasteurella multocida bacteria is present i will show pink colour in blood test.
HEAMORRHAGIC SEPTICEMIA (PASTEURELLOSIS) diesease TREATMENT =
1) Mostly sulpha drug is give to animal
2) broad spectrum antibiotics are given to animal like teramycin and oxysteclin and chlortetracycline.
3) If animal have sweeling then injection Lesix five ml is given .
4) Saline electuary mix with expectorant ,thirty gm aspirin ,ammonium chloride and pot nitras because it helps the animal to recover.
6) If last stage then give injection coramine six ml through intra vascular route it is most important .