RINDERPEST DEFINATION = Acute highly contagious febrile,fetal viral disease of cattle ,buffalo ,sheep and goat and is characterized by vesicles on ventral side of tongue .The size of vesicles is very small like wheat bran ,shooting diarrhea.
RINDERPEST ETIOLOGY (CAUSES) = It is caused by paramyxi virus .This is seen in exotic cross breeds and Indian breeds.
1) By saliva ,nasal discharge ,lacrimal discharged.
2) By inhalation around the animal.
3) By mechanical transmission .
4) By direct contact with affected animal.
5) By contaminated feed and water .
SYMPTOMS= It has three stages :-
1) Stage of high temperature=
a) High temperature , dull ness ,depress , anorexia in affected animal.
b) The mucous membrane of vagina ,anus will be red or purple of the animal.
c) Lacrimal discharge from affected animal.
d) Nasal discharge ,coughing of animal.
e) Dry muzzle of animal indicates this disease.
2) STAGE OF BUCCAL LESSONS=
a) Necrotic ulcers are found on the ventral side of tongue ,gums ,lips ,cheeks etc.
b) Excessive salivation of animal .
c) No regurgitation of animal which cause digestion problem.
d) Ulcer may spread unto phrygnx esophagus.
3) STAGE OF DIARRHOEA =
a) Shooting diarrhoea in animal.
b) Foul smell in faecal material , faeces come out with blood or mucous.
c) Less production of milk from animal.
d) Abortion in pregnent animal due to this disease.
1) By hostory of out break in affected area.
2) By symptoms such that high temperature .vesicles on ventral side of tongue.
3) Post mortem lessions – zebra marking intestine.
( Death of large number of animal due to rinderpest )
1) Broad spectrum antibiotics is given to animal.
2) Astringent powder to control diarrhea of animal.
3) Dextrose 5-6 bottle by intra veins route is given to animal .
4) Antirinderpest serum 100-150 ml through intra veins route.
5) Washing of mouth of animal .